Well, the Hallowe’en party was a complete damp squib. I’d forgotten two very important things:
- this is a very conservative town
- most of our regulars are over 40, and hence even more conservative
I had a bit of fun making interesting food for the party:
- dog-bone shaped breadrolls with shrimp & cream cheese piped on them aka “the dog’s dinner”
- very small round breadrolls with green-coloured cream cheese inside aka “snake eggs: not so fresh”
- BBQ chicken wings aka “bat wings”
- baby pickled onions on cocktail sticks aka “eyeballs”
- bought pizza
- custard cream biscuits with green food colouring aka “Hallowe’en biscuits
The chicken wings, pizza and pickled onions were eaten. Nothing else was touched….
I had free devil juice (hothothot) and mulled cider. Neither was drunk: too unusual it seems.
Two people aside from me and my barmaid bothered to get dressed up. They got the prizes….
Perhaps a St Andrew’s Night party with haggis, neeps & tatties would have gone down better.
Knitting has completely stopped until I can get up enthusiasm for anything at all. I did go out and get a gift box to wrap Devan, and now just have to extract an address for baby Joshua from my family.
Sorry about the boring, self-pitying post. I promise I’ll cheer up soon.