to finish something.
I’ve been rushing about like a hen with 24 different, but equally yummy, bits of grain to choose from. Sadly, this has been occasioned by rather too much work, and nothing yummy at all, but you get the picture I’m sure.
I have started (and stopped) so many different things over the past two weeks that I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever complete anything. And that is a bad place to be in.
So, I finished this:
A Debbie Bliss pattern, King Cole Bounty DK (acrylic, 725m/250g) and hell to sew up
Different yarn, of course, as I find that using the specified DB stuff results in clothes that are at least three sizes too big.
Worked in the round, to what I fondly assumed were the armholes.
My first steek, occasioned by realising that a saddle-shoulder pullover worked as separate front and back does not have armholes.
I’ll probably make the pattern again. It looks good to me, and practical as well, although the true test of that will be when I find an appropriate small person to give it to. I’ll work it in the round again, but this time I’ll work the sleeves first, so that I know how much of the body should be worked as separate front-and-back. And I’ll probably cast off a few stitches at the underarms, just because I think it will work better.
The seaming really wasn’t fun at all. Sewing rib onto rib at right angles is tricky at the best of times, and in an acrylic which is less-than-forgiving it was trickier. There was a certain amount of fudging involved, but I’m generally happy with how it turned out.
I’m not going to list all the things I need to get done here: just too depressing. I have five pages in my diary devoted to to-do lists, sorted by category, and that is enough.
This one’s for you:
I’ll post more pictures of this year’s lambs over the next little while….