Yes, I know that we don’t compete as a nation in the Real Thing, but the thought of a Knitting Olympics without a Team Scotland seems a bit odd to me.
So, for the purposes of discussion, here are my initial criteria for membership of Team Scotland (tick at least one):
- You were born in Scotland
- You live in Scotland
- You are of Scottish descent (Murray, Campbell, MacAnything, McAnything – yes I know some of those are Irish, but we’ll stretch a point, etc)
- You are cohabiting with someone of Scottish descent
- You wish you lived in Scotland
- You can play the bagpipes (or at least like to listen to them)
- You know what a Dashing White Sargeant is
- You have eaten haggis
- You know at least one line of a Rabbie Burns poem
- You have been bitten by a midgie
- You have knitted or worn a Fair Isle sweater
- You have drunk Irn Bru
Any other suggestions?
If anyone knows of someone who is already hosting a Team Scotland, please post here! Otherwise, I’ll get to work on a few buttons. As with all other teams, do please post at the Knitting Olympics athletes page if you’re going to be taking part.
The plastering is finished. Finally. It’s still drying, but yesterday I put the skim plaster on, and I’m really very pleased with how it’s turned out. Now all I’ve got to do is seal, paint, new vinyl, new loo seat, new light fitting…. Hmm, rather more than I thought.
Truly gorgeous today: cold, clear, and I’m going out for a walk!